10 Things to Know About Leon Dame, the Viral Model that Closed Maison Margiela SS20 & Won Paris Fashion Week
After JLo “breaking the Internet” at Versace, yesterday’s Maison Margiela show will go down in history as another one of those viral, meme-worthy fashion week moments. And not just because of John Galliano’s incredibly sexy take on uniforms. Closing the show was Leon Dame in a leather sailor getup, with bare legs and a pair of heeled boots, sashaying down the catwalk. Actually, not sashaying – stomping, strutting, fiercely clumping in the simple white room with an attitude we could all use a little bit more of. The walk was a culmination of the house’s new ways in showing their collections, as choreographed by movement director extraordinaire Pat Boguslawski. Hunched down and making everyone slightly uncomfortable, Dame embodied the irreverence of Galliano’s Margiela and provided the world with a moment to stop, stare and repost.
View this post on Instagram
In celebration of Dame and his incredibly skilled set of gams, here’s 10 thing you need to know about the boy that won Paris Fashion Week, courtesy of light Internet stalking:
1. Dame is 20 years old, German and signed to Tomorrow is Another Day agency.
2. According to his model card, he is 188cm tall, and wears a 45EU shoe size. And you know what they say about big feet… (Big shoes.)
3. His first big show was for Sacai, when he opened their AW16 show.
4. This is his sixth time walking for Maison Margiela and John Galliano. Her already demonstrated an aggressive, in-your-face walk for AW19, but apparently Internet wasn’t ready back then…
5. Even though we’re amid a womenswear season, Dame has been working hard. He modelled for Bottega Veneta, Boss, Petter Pilotto and Phoebe English, to name but a few.
6. He’s done campaigns for everyone from MSGM and Jil Sander to Uniqlo and Holzweiler.
7. He smokes.
8. He’s okay with posing nude.
9. He likes long walks in nature.
10. He made Anna Wintour smile. Are you in love yet?