TGIF #50: PUNK ME OUT
How to be punk in 3 simple steps:
1. Ditch the couture and get customising. The charity shop is your best friend and, no, I don’t mean the vintage stores in Notting Hill. It’s time to get down and dirty (possibly literally) with the rails in Oxfam for that lived in essence. Leather, safety pins and some sort of “rad” hairstyle and the world is yours to rule.
2. Don’t conform. To ride with the anti authoritarian big dogs you’ve got to believe in your rights and express your views to the fullest. Down with the system! Turn up the volume!
3. The most imperative of them all: music. Music is the core to this radical revolution. Get in the know with the bands in this week’s playlist featuring the kings and queens of the 80’s subculture like Sex Pistols, Bikini Kill, The Ramones, The Clash and many more. Punk lives and breathes through music and has been an influence to fashion ever since it was created. All hail….
1. The Clash – London Calling
2. Sex Pistols – Anarchy In The UK
3. Bikini Kill – Rebel Girl
4. The Slits – Typical Girls
5. Siouxsie And The Banshees – Happy House
6. The Buzzcocks – What Do I Get
7. New York Dolls – Personality Crisis
8. Bad Brains – I Against I
9. Black Flag – Rise Above
10. The Ramones – Blitzrieg Bop