10 Things We Want from Marc Jacobs’ Heaven Line
Back in September, Marc Jacobs launched Heaven: a polysexual subsidiary line that seemingly answered what Gen Zers were hoping their 2021 uniform would look like. Led by former bootlegging connoisseur Ava Nirui, the affordable label (prices start at just £30) harks back to the part grunge, part Gregg Araki film wardrobe that made Marc Jacobs a must-have brand for teen New Yorkers in the early 2000s. Just now built for generation TikTok.
Launched with a star-studded list of endorsements from the likes of Bella Hadid, Lil Uzi Vert and former 10 Magazine cover star Lily McMenamy, most of the pieces have already well and truly sold out. Nirui and Jacobs have hit the nail on the head when it comes to exactly pinpointing that late nineties/early aughts nostalgia the kids of today are craving. The collection’s lookbook was even shot by Shoichi Aoki, the brains behind cult Japenese style mag Fruits. Pretty impressive, if you ask us.
Whilst you impatiently wait for Heaven’s next drop – due to arrive in the coming months – we’ve picked 10 teen dreamy pieces that you can get your hands on right now.
1. A nylon sling backpack stamped with the label’s conjoined teddy bear logo.
2. Another nylon beauty, now an over-the-shoulder bag, in a cute violet colourway.
3. “Your screaming automatic pain” t-shirt. Grr.
4. A chocolate Marc Jacobs logo hoodie with a cute cartoon on the back.
5. The techno floral mesh top made from bulldozing daisies.
6. A cute, pink and brown wallet that you can sling over your neck. No excuse of losing it, ey?
7. A long-sleeve with a still from Gregg Araki’s Totally F***ked Up emblazoned on the front.
8. A trippy frog work shirt. Will ‘Ribbit’ be the new ‘Fetch’?
9. Some shorts with a starfish on.
10. A double-headed teddy tee. Weirdly cute, we know.
Photography by Shoichi Aoki. You can shop the full Heaven by Mard Jacobs collection here.